rain can not read

bamboo
WUFI User
WUFI User

rain can not read

Post by bamboo »

Hello! I have already inputted the climate file of KLI into WUFI, and I have filled in the rainfall data, but at the beginning of the simulation run, it still prompts me that the rainfall input is empty. What is the matter? The format I filled in is not incorrect. Could it be that the rainfall in a file of kli type will not be read? Can I use WAC files to read the values of rainfall and wind speed?
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: rain can not read

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hi,

for the kli-File the rain has to be entered as measured rain. To use the rain from a kli in WUFI you have to set the file to outdoor side.

Select outdoor part for kli
Select outdoor part for kli
kli_outdoor.jpg (18.37 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

The use of a wac file is also possible, here you need to input data for rain, wind speed and direction.

Christian
Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: rain can not read

Post by Thomas »

Hello bamboo,

WUFI does read rainfall in a KLI file. If in your case it does not, you may have some error in the file format.

However, if you wish to use rain data or solar radiation data for your simulation, there is another reason why you should prefer the WAC format:

Rain and radiation are directed quantities. They come from a certain direction and their influnce on a west-facing wall is different from the influence on a north-facing wall, for example. A KLI file must contain the components of rain and solar radiation which hit the surface of your simulated building component, not the rain and radiation data from the weather file. You must calculate how much rain and radiation will hit your component in each hour, and the result must be written to the KLI file. This may be very complicated.

If you use the WAC format, WUFI will automatically do these calculations for you, as part of the simulation. You can simply copy the data from the weather file ino the WAC file, you do not need to calculate yourself how much rain and solar radiation hits the surface.

Regards,
Thomas