Natural Ventilation - Infiltration

All about the Software WUFI Plus
PatrickA
WUFI User
WUFI User

Natural Ventilation - Infiltration

Post by PatrickA »

Could someone please clarify what is meant by "Infiltration" in the ventilation tab of WUFI Passive (WUFI Plus side). Is this representative of the air leakage at 50 Pascals (i.e. 0.6 ACH50 required to meet the Passive House standard)?

Thank you.
mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Natural Ventilation - Infiltration

Post by mpazold »

It is the consant natural infiltration during the whole simulation, not the ACH50 value.

Normaly, the yearly average pressure differnce is not 50 Pa. It is about 2-5 Pa, so the resulting air exchange, the infiltration you can set in the natural ventilation tab is much lower.
BriceWigwam
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by BriceWigwam »

Hello,

I have a question concerning Natural ventilation in Wufi plus (Zone ventilation tab).
How we can consider the periodique opening of a door between a simulated zone and the outer air, for example every thursday between 11h and 12h?
I can't enter in the natural ventilation Tab a day profil in M3/h because I don't really know the exact value. I just know an door opening frequency ( 1hour per day).
mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mpazold »

Hello,

you may can use the multizone air flow model
https://wufi.de/literatur/Pazold,%20Ant ... lation.pdf
and described in the WUFI Plus manual. Therefore you have to define the air leakage of the buidling components and not the air flow rates or air change rates. For transparent components you can set two different air leakages, closed and open, and define the time schedule for the opening times.

But for first assumptions, i recommend to use the "old" way and set some air changes maybee 3 -10 1/h during the opening time... for the natural ventilated zone.