Unable to click buttons in CreateClimateFile tool

ka_ye
WUFI User
WUFI User

Unable to click buttons in CreateClimateFile tool

Post by ka_ye » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:10 am -1100

Hello,

I'm creating a custom weather file using the CreateClimateFile.xlsm in the WUFI tools folder, however, clicking the "export to .WAC file" or "export to .KLI file" does nothing.

I've enabled the VBA macros and developer options in excel, and tried running the macro through the VBA window as well, but either nothing happens or I receive this error message "License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment." I'm not sure what I'm doing to consistently reproduce this error message, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

I've tried using CreateClimateFile.xlsm directly in the "Program File (x86)\WUFI\Tools" directory but it opens as read-only and the macro buttons do nothing. I've saved it onto my desktop and opened it up without read-only restrictions, but the buttons still do nothing. The version of the CreateClimateFile tool is ver. 2.6. The Microsoft Excel version is 365 MSO (Version 2301 Build 16.0.16026.20196) 64-bit. I'm running this on Windows 10.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Best,
Kai

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Unable to click buttons in CreateClimateFile tool

Post by Christian Bludau » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:00 am -1100

Hello Kai,
up to now, you are the only one with this problem and this "license information" in my eyes more point on a Excel (setting?) issue.
We use Office 365 on Win10 by our self and CreateClimateFile is working as it should. I have VBA enabled on request, so every time I open up the file, it asks, if it is allowed to run. Maybe try this instead of enabling all VBA.
And right, the file has to be stored somewhere, where you as a user have rights to write.
Christian