TRY Weather Data to KLI format

cwalker
WUFI User
WUFI User

TRY Weather Data to KLI format

Post by cwalker »

In WUFI 3.3 I was able to take TRY climate files and convert them to KLI files that were recognizable in WUFI 3.3. I tried using the same climate file in WUFI 4.0 and received an error message that the weather start date had to be January 1 (which it is in TRY files).

How can I use TRY files with WUFI 4.0? I need the climate data for specific locales, rather than the limited number of cities for California.

Thanks!
Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Re: TRY Weather Data to KLI format

Post by Manfred Kehrer »

cwalker wrote:In WUFI 3.3 I was able to take TRY climate files and convert them to KLI files that were recognizable in WUFI 3.3. I tried using the same climate file in WUFI 4.0 and received an error message that the weather start date had to be January 1 (which it is in TRY files).
Yes, we had some problems with the KLI-File in WUFI® 4.0. The next Release is almost finished and you will be able to use all of your KLI-Files.
cwalker wrote:How can I use TRY files with WUFI 4.0? I need the climate data for specific locales, rather than the limited number of cities for California.
Go the menu where you select a climate file from the map. On the top right you can "Select user defined File" where you can select your .TRY file. If you use this option you will need some Additional Geografic Data (AGD) depending on the file type. If the file type is .TRY you will need the time zone from UTC. Please refer to the online help for further information. A file named example.agd should be installed. For instance the time zone of eatern time is -5 (hours from UTC).

We can provide you with an Excel sheet which can create the .TRY file and the .AGD file for you. Please reply if you want use it.
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.
cwalker
WUFI User
WUFI User

Excel Spreadsheet

Post by cwalker »

I would appreciate a copy of the Excel spreadsheet. Thanks Manfred!