control of start and end time of calculation

Everything that didn't fit in any other topic
Gesa
WUFI User
WUFI User

control of start and end time of calculation

Post by Gesa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm -1100

Hello,

I need to define the start and end time (and the profiles inbetween) of my calculation more detailed than just the date. I would like to define for example the start time at 1pm, a profile after every hour, and the end time at 6pm. I searched the online-help and found a screenshot that shows input fields for the time next to the input fields for the date. These input fields for the time do unfortunately not exist when I define the start and end time. Does anyone know how I can tell WUFI to start and end at a certain time?
Thank you,

Gesa

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:12 pm -1100

Dear Gesa,

sorry this feature does not exist in WUFI 4
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.

Gesa
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Gesa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm -1100

Thank you for the quick answer,

does that mean there is no possibility for me to use this function?
Can I get this older version, or would I miss a lot of functions?

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 pm -1100

Hi Gesa,
there is a possibility to cheat in the climatic files....
If the is not needed, you could make yourself a climate file, where the first hour to be calculated is the first hour in January.... (I mean just to make a time shift in the climate file). This will not work, if you need radiation, because to calculate the temperature from the radiation, you need the correct time. This could be done with a wac-file or a kli-file.
For what exactly do you need to start at 1pm?
You also could generate a climate file, where the hours before 1pm have faked date... but then you can not define the start properties of the material for 1pm....
Hope that gives you an idea,
Christian

Gesa
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Gesa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:27 pm -1100

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the ideas!
I thought about this inbetween, and I had the same idea with generating cimate files on my own, where I can cheat by generating different ones, that just start at another time. I will try that, even if it makes a bit more work than using the given climate files in WUFI.
The problem I am looking at is the hydration of concrete. I need to calculate at the beginning of the hydration just the first 2 hours (for example). Then I need to modify the material parameters (because they change caused by the chemical process dring hydration that WUFI does not know about) and start my calculation again for the next couple of hours. The calculation interval of 24 hours (1d) would be not accurate enough for me, there is a lot of change in hydrating concrete within 24 hours...
But I will work on generating the climate files and hope that works for me,
Thank you,

Gesa

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:11 am -1100

Yes, that should work.... you should decrease the time step to for example 1/60 as well, if you only want to calculate one or two hours. Then calculate for a day and cut the rest.
You need a further trick to continue in a further calculation:
You can so an ascii-export of the moisture profile for every time step in animation-view. This profile you can use as start profile for your next calculation. So you can continue to calculate at the state, the last calculation finish.
Greetings,
Christian