Counter radiation - what formats have/have not?

EN-J
WUFI User
WUFI User

Counter radiation - what formats have/have not?

Post by EN-J » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:48 am -1100

Hi,

I understand that the *.WAC file format contains data for counter radiation, but what about other formats?

My second question would be, since *.wac seems to be such a superior format, where can I get more of these climate files from? My WUFI 5.2 library has only 4 .wac files in it.

Thanks!

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Counter radiation - what formats have/have not?

Post by Christian Bludau » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:18 pm -1100

Hello EN-J,

the older climate files usually include no counter radiation.
You can check by opening the climate in WUFI and go to the tab "Climate Analysis". Here you can see the sum of counter radiation, if included.

If a used file does not include counter radiation, there will be a warning that the cloud index is used for calculation, if the explicit rariation balance is enabled.

You can generate the wac-file by yourself using CreateClimateFile.xls you can find in the Wufi program folder in tools. Help for that is on our homepage www.wufi.com -> Service -> Demo films

Also there are tools from third parties (eg. Meteonorm - see online help) which can export climate data directly in wac-format.

Christian

fostertom
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by fostertom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 pm -1100

But Meteonorm lacks the vital driving rain info. Is there any way the driving rain can be well enough estimated and added into a Metonorm-derived file?

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:50 am -1100

Yes, you are right, but thats a problem of the rain distribution model used in Meteonorm. I know no possibility to add better rain data to the files except they change their models.

One way for simulation would be to rise the R2 factor as already discussed here:
http://www.wufi-forum.com/WUFIForum/vie ... ?f=4&t=275

Christian