Weather file import Crash

kukdd
WUFI User
WUFI User

Weather file import Crash

Post by kukdd » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:29 pm -1100

Hello,

im currently experiencing crashes when I try to import ".dat" files as they are provided by the DWD. When I browse the file and then manually describe longtitude, latitude, height and UTC-Time Zone the programm simply shuts down. The data structure at this point looked like displayed in attachment 1.

I wondered if it might have a problem with certain information, so I reduced the file to only necessary data in 2 steps- displayed in attachment 2&3.
The programm did not crash, instead delivered an error message "atmosspheric pressure outer range 500hPa-1500 hPa)", which is not true for the file and led me to the conclusion that I dont know how the structure of the file is supposed to be.

So, how is the structure of a .wac file supposed to be for the import to work ?
or is it solely a problem occuring to me ? (working with Wufi+ 2.5.4)

p.s.: I've tried to work around the problem by defining optional climate over an imported file/measured data by converting and manipulating the .dat into a .csv/.txt but it turns out to be too much of efford to create new zones around the building and assign the optional climate in an following step. Besides I don't know whether it works nor if it is even remotely accurate enough.

Greetings and thank you in advance
Philipp @BP-KuK
Attachments
DWD_minimal.JPG
Step 2 simplification
DWD_minimal.JPG (29.91 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
DWD_mediocre.JPG
Step 1 simplification
DWD_mediocre.JPG (59.33 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
DWD_original.JPG
origninal .dat formate
DWD_original.JPG (126.62 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
Last edited by kukdd on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:46 am -1100, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: Weather file import Crash

Post by Thomas » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:54 pm -1100

Hi Philipp,

over the years, the DWD has issued a series of weather files with slightly different formats, but all of them with the *.DAT extension. WUFI is set up to recognize the different *.DAT format variants, but this seems to be the latest variant which is not yet implemented in WUFI (it is scheduled for the next WUFI upgrade). If you mail the *.DAT files to thomas.schmidt -at- ibp.fraunhofer.de I will convert them to the *.WAC format for you.

Regards,
Thomas