Merging two climate models with CreateClimateFile tool

Vaaken
WUFI User
WUFI User

Merging two climate models with CreateClimateFile tool

Post by Vaaken » Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 am -1100

Hello!
I am trying to merge two different climate models as a part of a bachelor thesis I am currently investigating. The reason for trying to merge the models is that I am modelling an indoor climate for a cabin that will only be used from time to time. When it is not being used it will only maintain a temperature of 5°C to avoid water freezing. However when it is being used I want the indoor temperature to be 18°C or thereabouts. I am using the ASHRAE 160 standard for the modelling of the two original climate models

I thought I had solved the problem when I found this post (viewtopic.php?t=764) which helped me export:
1. a climate file for the cabin with just maintaining at least 5°C with climate data from a location not far from the cabin.

2. a climate file for the cabin with just maintaining at least 18°C with climate data from a location not far from the cabin.

I try merging the files with the CreateClimateFile tool, where I use the data from 1. as a base and 2. for when there will be people in it.

However the following is the result when I try to import the new .WAC-file I created as described.
As you can see the temperature is way high, and I don't know why. When I look at the numbers in the CreateClimateFile.xlsx it all looks good.
Attachments
Resultat.jpg
Result
Resultat.jpg (332.21 KiB) Viewed 9518 times
Bebodd stuga.jpg
2. The cabin when there are people there.
Bebodd stuga.jpg (306.7 KiB) Viewed 9518 times
Ej bebodd stuga.jpg
1. The cabin when there are no one there.
Ej bebodd stuga.jpg (357.28 KiB) Viewed 9518 times

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Merging two climate models with CreateClimateFile tool

Post by Christian Bludau » Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 am -1100

Dear Vaaken,
did you maybe set a Temperature Shift in the Details... menu?
Christian

Vaaken
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Merging two climate models with CreateClimateFile tool

Post by Vaaken » Wed May 02, 2018 7:17 pm -1100

Of course! Thank you for your fast reply! That did the trick :)