daily rainfall to hourly rainfall

Fuadbaba
WUFI User
WUFI User

daily rainfall to hourly rainfall

Post by Fuadbaba » Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 pm -1100

Hello,
I am using wufi pro to find the effect of climate on the durability of building envelope. in wufi pro, the cities are limited, for that I am trying to create the weather files for different cities using excel file.wac.

I have used .epw to add all information to .wac file , and I got it.
two question:
1. As you know, there is no information about rainfall in the epw file. For that I went to historical data weather to get this information. I found the rainfall by every day not by every hour. So how can I use this information in the wac file? or is there is any other method to add or find the rainfall part per hour?

2. why the temperature , humidity and solar radiation is not the same between wufi weather file(wbc) and energyplus weather file( epw)? I have checked this using Vancouver city

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: daily rainfall to hourly rainfall

Post by Christian Bludau » Tue May 23, 2017 6:35 pm -1100

Dear Fuadbaba,

to use the rain data you have to spread it somehow about some hours of the day. If you only enter a daily value at some hour, the complete rain will be used in the simulation at this our and this amount probably can not be adsorbed by your component.

Depending on the source, the measured year etc. climate files will vary, so if they are not measured at the same position and time, differences will occur.

Christian

Fuadbaba
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Fuadbaba » Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 am -1100

Many thanks,

I need to confirm that do you mean if i add the daily rainfall value at any hour in this day will not effect in the simulation?

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu May 25, 2017 7:40 pm -1100

If you spread it somehow over the day, it will have effect, but if you only put the whole daily amount in eg. hour 24, you will get an unrealistic adsorption.

Christian