Mold index in wall layers

All about WUFI post-processing modules and add-ons
farshad83m
WUFI User
WUFI User

Mold index in wall layers

Post by farshad83m » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:58 pm -1100

I have a question regarding WUFI® Mold Index VTT add-on and I would appreciate it if you could help me. I found that this add-on evaluate the mold index on the interior surface of the wall. However, I would like to know whether it is possible to assess mold index in wall layers, since the relative humidity and temperature would be different in different layers of the wall.

saricioglu pelin
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Mold index in wall layers

Post by saricioglu pelin » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:26 am -1100

hello,
Did you learn about this question ? because i wonder same as you.
Regards

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:56 am -1100

In the WUFI Animation 1D the position in the construction can be selected, in WUFI Pro itself its only the interior surface which is evaluated.
Other possibility is to create an isopleth diagram in WUFI Graph for the needed position and then do a right mouse click on it Export -> WUFI VTT.
Christian

saricioglu pelin
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by saricioglu pelin » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:39 am -1100

Hello,
I want to ask about WUFI VTT assessment. Firstly, Is it possible to evaulate the total assessment of a layer as means of WUFI-VTT ? (for example after 5 years assessment when we select a layer and open it in WUFI VTT, is it shows the assessment of this layer averaged result or which ? )
And when ''Other possibility is to create an isopleth diagram in WUFI Graph for the needed position and then do a right mouse click on it Export -> WUFI VTT.'' do it wufı vtt shows mould growth but when look at the initial parameters they are not true ? So, should i change the initial parameters (materail type vs) or not ?
Thank you.

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:18 am -1100

Hello,

The button in the WUFI Pro user interface only evaluates the interior surface.
It is also possible to evaluate single elements or a thin layer at the materials surface or even the full layer - easiest to do in WUFI Graph. Select the desired elements WUFI Graph and generate an isopleth diagram - WUFI Graph will mean them up. Then do a right click and select export -> open in VTT-Mould.
Please note that for most materials there is a moisture gradient over the thickness of material, and the critical position is only on one side. In this case you will get less severe conditions by building an average over the full layer.

The start conditions are exported from WUFI, what do you mean by "not true"?

Christian