Comparison of parameters in WUFI Mould Index VTT and VTT-model

All about WUFI post-processing modules and add-ons
anderue
WUFI User
WUFI User

Comparison of parameters in WUFI Mould Index VTT and VTT-model

Post by anderue » Mon May 11, 2020 8:19 pm -1100

Hi.

How does the parameters for "Type of surface" and "Type of wood" compare to the parameters W and SQ in the VTT-model?
In the VTT-model, the parameter W is set to 0 for pine and 1 for spruce. Is this the same parameter as "Type of wood" in the VTT-program? In the VTT-program one can choose between Softwood (value = 0) and hardwood (value = 1). This would mean that softwood = pine and hardwood = spruce?

The same goes for type of surface. I assume that this value equals to the SQ-value in the VTT-model. This would mean that planed surface = sawn surface (SQ = 0) and rough surface = kiln dried surface (SQ=1).

So, I assume that the parameters in the VTT-program and in the VTT-model are the same, but I may be wrong. Does anybody know if I am correct?

saricioglu pelin
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Comparison of parameters in WUFI Mould Index VTT and VTT-model

Post by saricioglu pelin » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:39 am -1100

Did you learn the answer ? i wonder that..
Thank you

Daniel
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Comparison of parameters in WUFI Mould Index VTT and VTT-model

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:19 am -1100

Hi all,

in WUFI SW is type of surface and W is type of wood. The two values are only of intersest in case of a wooden material. In all other cases the values are zero!

Hard wood is zero, also Pine. Only pine sapwood (and also spruce sapwood, if present) would be 1.
Your description concerning surface quality is correct. Please also look at the online help for these points. Viitanen / Ojanen decided to use the terms Type of wood and Type of surface in the WUFI VTT software.

Daniel
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Zirkelbach, Deputy Head of Department Hygrothermics, IBP Holzkirchen