WUFI Bio

All about WUFI post-processing modules and add-ons
Bonilauri
WUFI User
WUFI User

WUFI Bio

Post by Bonilauri » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:50 am -1100

Hello,
I'm starting to use WUFI Bio and have two very basic questions (sorry if they are too simple):

- I'm using WUFI Bio to assess the risk of mold forming within an assembly, not on its internal surface: is this use of the software correct? Or is the software suitable to assess the risk of mold only on the internal surface of the assembly?

- I have the definition of the material classes (Class I, Class II etc.), but I'm not sure about wood and wood-based products (such as OSB): do they fall under Class I or Class II?

Thank you!

Enrico

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: WUFI Bio

Post by Christian Bludau » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 pm -1100

Dear Enrico,

WUFI Bio is only validated for the internal surface. You can use it also in the construction, but with care. We recommend to only use it on the warm side in the construction.
Reason is, that at the cold side also other effects will take part like algae growth and so on.
Further you do not know if in the constructions the materials are treated somehow with biocides, or if there are enough air gap or spores.

Wood and wooden materials would be class I.

For further information see also help of WUFI Bio by pressing F1.

Christian

Bonilauri
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: WUFI Bio

Post by Bonilauri » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 am -1100

Christian, thank you for the explanation: it was very helpful.

The surface I'm concerned about it the internal surface of the external OSB sheathing of American assemblies. So I understand that OSB is class I, and I'm probably worrying too much.

Thanks!