WUFI Passive - SketchUp Plugin - Sluggish

All about WUFI Passive
hbreaux
WUFI User
WUFI User

WUFI Passive - SketchUp Plugin - Sluggish

Post by hbreaux » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 am -1100

Hey everyone,

I and others I collaborate are consistently noting that the time between right clicking a plane in sketchup and selecting WUFI properties to the point where the popup dialogue appears increases drastically the more planes are assigned in a model with WUFI properties. It gets progressively worse until it grinds to a near halt. The best we've been able to do is to literally break apart the model into many separate files to assign WUFI properties then to recombine.

Are others having this issue? Is there less sever workaround or fix?

woodenrings
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: WUFI Passive - SketchUp Plugin - Sluggish

Post by woodenrings » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:26 am -1100

When selecting a lot of planes at once this is bound to happen. If I had to guess the plugin is looping through these faces to create the base information for each face ... so the more faces the longer it takes.

It is easy to replicate, creating a 50ft circle, then lofting it 10ft and selecting the whole group (96 entities ~= 26 faces?) takes me about 4 seconds.
Do two of these circles and it is 8 seconds. Three takes 12 seconds etc ...

So the only "fix" is to select less faces ... or use a more powerful machine assuming CPU or RAM matter in the process at all.

Also ... something fun to try.

When you create a circle, select all, then open wufi and close the wufi window hit CTRL Z ... you should see you have reselected the faces and all the arrows are there... so that would mean WUFI is having to orient and create and place all those arrows as part of its process ... I imagine you could "speed up" this process if the arrows were not shown or placed but it might be marginal.