Importing new material data into WUFI Passive 3.1.1.0

All about WUFI Passive
rklessly
WUFI User
WUFI User

Importing new material data into WUFI Passive 3.1.1.0

Post by rklessly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:35 am -1100

Re: WUFI Passive 3.1.1.0
I am trying to import material data downloaded from WUFI’s website page of materials to be included in the next DB release. This is an XML document.
1. I have tried editing an assembly, editing the WUFI-Materialdata and selecting the “import” button, then choosing the file to import. Nothing happens. No new data appears.
2. I have tried the “database” tab, Import from xml file. But I get an “error when reading from file” message.
3. I have reviewed “How-to-import-an-xml-file” but this is for importing into WUFI Pro and the windows that open do not match those in WUFI Passive.
4. I have tried this with three different material xml files downloaded from the WUFI website and no luck.
Would someone please let me know what I need to do differently?
Thanks!

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Importing new material data into WUFI Passive 3.1.1.0

Post by mpazold » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm -1100

in the installation folder of WUFI Plus, or WUFI Passive you can find a folder called Tools. There is one tool called 'MaterialXML.exe'

You can find some informatin in the WUFI Plus user manual, searching for :Material XML':

The WUFI® Plus material converter formats xml material data of WUFI® Pro to the appropriate WUFI® Plus xml format. After clicking ”Load WUFI Pro material .XML file” and searching the associated file, the tool automatically creates a new xml-file according to the selected task:
1. Database import from xml-file: Creates a new xml-file with the suffix .plusImportToDB.xml. This file can be imported into the WUFI® Plus Material Database with the function Import from XML-file. See chapter 4.2.4 for further information.
2. Edit material data import: Creates a new xml-file with the suffix .xml.plusMaterial.xml. This file can be imported into WUFI® Plus from the Edit Material dialog.

The WUFI® Plus material converter is installed together with WUFI® Plus. It can be found in the ”Tools”-folder of your WUFI® Plus installation.