WUFI Passive Software Development Question - "UNDO" Function

All about WUFI Passive
hbreaux
WUFI User
WUFI User

WUFI Passive Software Development Question - "UNDO" Function

Post by hbreaux » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 am -1100

Hey there,

Anyone have a sense of what's to come for WUFI (specifically WUFI passive)? I joke with people that WUFI only runs in "iron man mode" regarding the fact that there is no "undo" function which by now is ubiquitous in nearly all other software. But, it would be a great feature for a program like this where a great amounts of data entry and trial and error efforts occur.

I'm also curious if there is a developers' blog or the like that I can follow to remain up to speed on current and future developments. Sorry if I'm missing something that's right in front of me!

Thanks!

-Hans

mwinkler
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: WUFI Passive Software Development Question - "UNDO" Function

Post by mwinkler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 pm -1100

Hi Hans,

yes we know that an undo-function is a very important feature that we're (currently) missing. With our upcoming update of WUFI Plus/Passive we will introduce an autosave-feature. The current state of your project/inputs is saved automatically and some previous saves are kept. The save-interval and amount of kept auto-saves is fully customizable. So this is pretty close to an undo-function as it allows you to restore previous versions of your project/inputs.

We hope that this will be a useful feature and that it reduces "iron man mode" for you.

We will notify about new versions on our WUFI Homepage and with our newsletter. On our homepage you can also find an update-history.

Greetings
Matthias

hbreaux
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: WUFI Passive Software Development Question - "UNDO" Function

Post by hbreaux » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 am -1100

Thanks, Matthias!