Sketchup Plugin : 'WUFI Plus Properties' Menu - not appearing

All about WUFI Passive
bryce gilroy-scott
WUFI User
WUFI User

Sketchup Plugin : 'WUFI Plus Properties' Menu - not appearing

Post by bryce gilroy-scott » Sat May 28, 2016 7:50 pm -1100

Hello,
I received a Sketchup file from a architect to undertake a WUFI Passive assessment.
The building was grouped into Layers, which I have 'exploded' so that I could directly access the Objects to set their 'Properties'.

However, when I click on an Object (wall or window) and open the right-click menu, then choose 'WUFI Plus Properties' - no Properties menu appears.
Therefore I cannot set the properties of the Object.
Obviously, without being able to set the Object Properties, the plugin will not function to export the geometry to WUFI Passive, and I'm at a dead end.

My system is running Windows 8.1 (64bit); Sketchup 2016 Pro; WUFI Passive 3.0.3.0.
I successfully installed the Sketchup plugin, as an Administrator and the 'Extensions > WUFI Plus' drop down menu is active in Sketchup.

Trouble-Shooting: I have reviewed in detail the following information -
- WUFI Passive manual: Chapter 7.1 [p109-111]
- WUFI Sketchup Plugin video at <www.wufi-wiki.com.wufifilme/flash/Sketch_up.swf>
- Current WUFI-Forum discussion threads

I have disabled my AVG anti-virus program = same result
I have enabled pop-ups in my FireFox web browser = same result
I do not have any other external anti-virus / malware software installed on my computer and Windows Defender is not enabled (as it conflicts with AVG).

I have tried to attach the original Sketchup file as received by the architect with Objects grouped in Layers - in the instance that there was something in the workflow of exploding the groups, that might have affected the functionality of the plugin, however the Forum refuses to accept .skp file attachements.
[Please advise if there is an appropriate support address to send the .skp file for review, should this be desired.]

Any thoughts or suggestions on resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
bryce gilroy-scott

bryce gilroy-scott
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Sketchup Plugin : 'WUFI Plus Properties' Menu - not appearing

Post by bryce gilroy-scott » Tue May 31, 2016 4:21 am -1100

I have resolved the issue. This is my first 'live' use of WUFI Passive software and beginning with an externally drawn SketchUp file introduced complications.

The SketchUp file received from the architect, had most of the building geometry 'Grouped' into a nested hierarchy.

Using the <Window > Dafault Tray > Outliner> facility, I removed all of the Grouped Geometries.

Now the right-click 'Properties' sub-menu opens when each face / building element, is selected.

best regards,
bryce gilroy-scott