importing gbxml files

All about WUFI Passive
russ@goodshacks
WUFI User
WUFI User

importing gbxml files

Post by russ@goodshacks » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 am -1100

Is anyone successfully importing gbxml files from Revit to WUFI-Passive? We use Revit in our office and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to use it to export gbxml files and then import them into WUFI-Passive. We are currently recreating building models in SketchUp and exporting building geometry for WUFI-Passive Import, but if the REVIT model can be used for that we wouldn't need to recreate the building in SketchUp. Does WUFI-Passive import of gbxml files utilize all the information that can be put into the gbxml file from Revit like building assembly data, occupancy info and climate data; or is WUFI-passive just importing geometry info from the gbxml file? I've looked through the WUFI-Passive manual and the WUFI-WIKI and didn't see much on this topic.

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: importing gbxml files

Post by mpazold » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 pm -1100

at the moment the tool to import gbxml files is only described in the user manual chapter 7.2.
The tool should give some feedback about the information found in the gbxml file and converted to the WUFI passive project file. Mostly it tries to import the geometry and this sometimes need some model geometry adaptions. The tool only import raw gbxml information and doesn't check, or change the model.

mrgooddave
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: importing gbxml files

Post by mrgooddave » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:05 pm -1100

This is my first effort modeling a PH in WuFI Passive so I have a lot to learn. We use REVIT to design our projects so I imported the design and am faced with evaluating the result. After several hours I cannot find much that seems to be accurate. There seem to be far too many components (46) and the assemblies are all messed up. R-values are wrong and some materials are out of place.

Is it me or the software? In otherwords, is anyone out there having success importing REVIT?