Determining the dimensions of an existing component

All about WUFI Passive
Robert Albano
WUFI User
WUFI User

Determining the dimensions of an existing component

Post by Robert Albano » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:13 pm -1100

I am looking at an existing visualized component. Under the "General" tab I see "Area", "Inclination", and "Orientation". How do I determine the dimensions of this component?

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Determining the dimensions of an existing component

Post by mpazold » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 pm -1100

The dimensions of the visualized components are determined by the visualized 3D-building geometry. To change the Area, or Inclination of such components, you have to edit the visualized model: http://www.wufi-wiki.com/mediawiki/inde ... ng#Edit_3D there is a link to a movie showing this at the bottom of the page.

To change the orientation, i recomment frist to check the normal vector (it should point outwards). If they are ok, you can go to 'change orientation' for the model in the building treenode in the project tree.

Robert Albano
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Robert Albano » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 am -1100

How do I determine the "height" and "width" of a selected visualized comment. I only see Area, Inclination and Orientation.

I am not interested in changing anything - just interested in the "height" and "width".

Use Case: Someone gives me a model. I wish to make sure they have set it up correctly.

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mpazold » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:54 pm -1100

Therefore you also have to set the vertices visible, the second last button beside the 3D-visualization. Then you can select two vertices of a component by holding CTRL, make a right mouse click and choose: 2point operation -> show distance.
http://www.wufi-wiki.com/mediawiki/inde ... Operations

for a fast not detailed check you might can right click a selected component and go to the 'Windows/Openings' form, where the top view of the selected component is shown.