How do user created assemblies get moved to a different database?

All about WUFI Passive
Robert Albano
WUFI User
WUFI User

How do user created assemblies get moved to a different database?

Post by Robert Albano » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:26 pm -1100

Hi

I have created a small building model. I have created some assemblies. I see my assemblies in the database under "all". I save my work and transfer this model to another computer that has WUFI Passive. I load the building. Within the building itself I see the user created assemblies and everything seems to calculate properly. However when look at the database on the new computer I do not see my assemblies. I see where to export an assembly but I do not see how to import. Is there someplace that describes the how to create ones own database and move it with the model?

Thanks

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: How do user created assemblies get moved to a different database?

Post by mpazold » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 pm -1100

Hi Robert,

All the Material and Assembly data is stored in the porject file not coupled directly to the Database entries. The database entries are not moved with a Project file.

At the moment the way i recommend is to copy the database from the source computer to another computer by replacing the IBP_24.mdb usually in the \ProgramData\WUFI\Database\ folder. But watch out, this will replace all database entries on the destination computer, the data will not be added to the old data and allready existing user defined data on the destination computer will be lost.