climate input wufi passive v 3.1.1.0

All about WUFI Passive
veronica
WUFI User
WUFI User

climate input wufi passive v 3.1.1.0

Post by veronica » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 am -1100

Hello,

I am trying to model a building within the free version of WUFI (WUFI passive 3.1.1.0) but it seems that I cannot input user defined climate conditions (I am looking to insert the ones for New York City).
Whenever I try to deviate from the standard weather file, i.e. Reference climate Germany, by selecting the options 'from map or user-defined' the software says that I would need to get the professional version.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue? Do I really need the professional version to select a climate boundary conditions which is different from the default one?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Regards,

Veronica

mwinkler
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: climate input wufi passive v 3.1.1.0

Post by mwinkler » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 pm -1100

Hello veronica,

you can input user defined climate data in WUFI Passive Free: Enter all values from your climate file into the table in the tab "Climate" by hand.
The automatic import of user-defined climate files or from the database is only available in the professional version of WUFI Passive.
We offer an overview of our products and the limitations of the Free-versions on our homepage: https://wufi.de/en/software/product-overview/

Greetings
mwinkler

veronica
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: climate input wufi passive v 3.1.1.0

Post by veronica » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:01 am -1100

thank you.
one last question: could you please explain to me what are the 'Heating W1", 'Heating W2", "Cooling W1" and "Cooling W2" in the Climate tab (always version 3.1.1.0 of WUFI PASSIVE free)? they coma after the monthly temperatures in the "user defined" input option.
what values am I supposed to input there? with which unit?

thanks in advance

Veronica