Drainage model

All about WUFI Pro
Morteza Ammari
WUFI User
WUFI User

Drainage model

Post by Morteza Ammari »

Hello,

I have reviewed the discussions related to drainage modeling in the built-ups and gained an understanding that a sink can be used to remove water from the cavity. To accurately determine the appropriate amount of water to be removed, I followed this specific procedure:

Initially, I conducted a simulation without any drainage and exported the water content [in kg/m³] from the results. Next, I adjusted the water content results by multiplying them by the thickness of the cavity and dividing them by 60, to achieve the water content in [kg/m²s]. Then , I multiplied them to "-1" and saved the file as a text . Finally, I assigned the ".txt" file as the transient input in the sink settings.

While I have observed that the water content of the cavity is 0 during the simulated period and the cavity is being effectively drained, I have some concerns about the acceptability of this procedure and whether it may yield unrealistic results.

p.s.
no convergence failures= 0
balance 1= -3.6
balance 2= -4
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (54.72 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Morteza Ammari
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Drainage model

Post by Morteza Ammari »

May i ask if there is any update or response to this post? Still wondering if this is a proper procedure to assume that all the water penetration from the exterior side will be drained from the cavity?
thank you in advance
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Drainage model

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hi Morteza,
in my eyes thats a good way to simulate the running off process of dew water. Only thing is, that in reality not the wohle water will run off. There will remain a layer of drops on the inner surfaces of the cavity. According to the EN 13788 there can be 200g/m² before the water starts to run of.. Some other standards also include other values. See also this tutorial:
https://wufi.de/en/service/downloads#co ... assessment
Christian