drying influenced by wind

All about WUFI Pro
palino1
WUFI User
WUFI User

drying influenced by wind

Post by palino1 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:32 am -1100

Hello,
i want to ask, it is possible to simulate drying influenced by airflow ? ... there is only one point... surface exterior coefficient depended on wind. but when i use different wind ( 3 m/s or 30 m/s - created by excelclimate) there is no change in my results, is there any way how to simulate this situation ? ... can you help me ? :)

Palino

Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: drying influenced by wind

Post by Thomas » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:22 pm -1100

Hi palino1,

WUFI assumes that the vapour transfer coefficient at the surface is proportional to the heat transfer coefficient. So if the heat transfer coefficient is set to wind-dependent (and if there are actually variable wind data in the weather file) the vapour transfer coefficient will automatically be wind-dependent, too.

You can see the variable hourly values by using the ASCII-Export (in the Outputs menu) to export the "Vapor Transfer Coefficient (Exterior Surface)" or the "Vapor Transfer Coefficient (Interior Surface)" to a text file. In the dialog "Options | Export Format..." you can choose to add a Header Line which shows you the name and the units of each column.

Kind regards,
Thomas