Odd behavior on new user-defined material changes affecting original material

All about WUFI Pro
CR
WUFI User
WUFI User

Odd behavior on new user-defined material changes affecting original material

Post by CR » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:46 am -1100

I am using the most recent WUFI Pro version 6.5.3 and see behavior I did not expect when creating a user-defined material in the Materials database.
Changes to the new material's moisture storage table are showing up in the original material I copied from, if I change the free water saturation, i.e. storage at RH of 1

Example workflow:
Open Materials database and pick a provided material as the base for a new one. In this case I pick LTH Lund folder and Spruce, tangential. I right click to pick New Material, and a copy is made, which I name Spruce, tangential - trial, and this is stored in the User defined folder. So, in theory we should have two independent materials now.

I proceed to make changes to the user-defined trial version, changing the Moisture Storage Function. I can insert new values and all is fine, until I change the value at RH=1. So, in this case the original database storage at RH=1 is 140 kg/m3. I change it to 300 in the trial version. The trial version now looks as I wanted. But if I go back to review the original Spruce, tangential, it now shows the RH=1 storage as 300. Yet it did does not show the other changes I made to the trial version of the storage function.

If you copy the original again, it carries the erroneous 300 value with it to the new copy.
Yet, if you completely exit WUFI, and start up again, then the original Lund Spruce, tangential has returned to its 140 value for moisture storage at RH=1.
And the user-defined trial version is still at 300 as desired.

So, this is likely not a big issue, but it doesn't seem like the changes to the trial version moisture storage at RH=1 should be populating back to the original version while the current WUFI session is still running.

Can you reproduce this behavior?

CR

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Odd behavior on new user-defined material changes affecting original material

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:46 pm -1100

Dear CR,
thanks for your description. We will have a look on that.
Christian

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Odd behavior on new user-defined material changes affecting original material

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:52 pm -1100

Dear CR,
we can reproduce that, it is probably a display problem. We will correct that for the next versions.
Thanx again, Christian