Create new materials_locked properties

RM_Sintef
WUFI User
WUFI User

Create new materials_locked properties

Post by RM_Sintef » Thu May 06, 2021 12:24 am -1100

Hi,

I am using WUFI PRO 6.5 and I am trying to create a new material based on an existing one. The problem is that I cannot change the value for water vapour diffusion resistance, which looks like a locked value.

What could the problem be?

Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: Create new materials_locked properties

Post by Thomas » Thu May 06, 2021 12:30 am -1100

Yes, the materials which have been imported from the material database are initially locked. Click on the "lock" icon in the top right corner of the material data dialog to unlock the material.

Regards,
Thomas

RM_Sintef
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by RM_Sintef » Thu May 06, 2021 12:36 am -1100

Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that I unlocked the properties as you suggests, but the only property that still remains locked is the water vapour diffusion resistance.
Could it be something related to the 6.5 version? Because a colleague of mine working on a previous WUFI version is actually able to change all properties in the same construction we are working on.

Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Post by Thomas » Thu May 06, 2021 12:56 am -1100

Then this material has tabulated values for the water vapour diffusion resistance factor, rather than a single value.

Go to the "Hygrothermal Functions" tab and click on "Water Vapour Diffusion Resistance Factor, moisture-dependent". You should see a table describing the my-value which, in this case, is variable, depending on the humidity of the material.

If there exists a table, the single text field for a constant my-value is locked. In earlier WUFI versions it remained unlocked, but it was not obvious for the users whether there was an entire table or only a single value to be changed. If there was a table, users often changed only the one visible value (corresponding to the first line of the table), unaware that the rest of the table should have been adapted as well. I don't remember off-hand when this changed behaviour was introduced in WUFI, but it may well have been with version 6.5.

Regards,
Thomas