Modeling Smart Vapor Retarder using moisture dependent permeability

Kenner
WUFI User
WUFI User

Modeling Smart Vapor Retarder using moisture dependent permeability

Post by Kenner » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:27 am -1100

Hi,

I'm attempting to model a smart vapor retarder (specifically the Intello Plus manufactured by 475 High Performance Building Supply). The product specification sheet states that the vapor retarder has a vapor variability of < 0.13 perm during dry winter conditions, and > 13.2 perm during summer conditions to increase drying potential. The DIN EN 1931 Perm rates are listed in the specification from 13.20 to <0.13 (Sd value from 0.25m to >25m). The ASTM E96 (dry cup/wet cup) values for vapor variability are 0.2 perm to 6 perm.

Working in IP units, I'm wondering how to interpret this information in order to input RH values and permeability (perm-in) so that I might be able to model this vapor retarder's behavior. I realize that this might be simple question of unit conversion, but I am hoping someone might be able to help me work through it.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Kenner
Attachments
WUFI.JPG
WUFI.JPG (112.9 KiB) Viewed 9230 times

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Modeling Smart Vapor Retarder using moisture dependent permeability

Post by Christian Bludau » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:54 pm -1100

Hi Kenner,

you may have to transfer the units. See here for information about doing that, they have a nice diagram on page 4:
www.builddesk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... tances.pdf

Christian

fkbuisman
WUFI ORNL Instructors
WUFI ORNL Instructors

Re: Modeling Smart Vapor Retarder using moisture dependent permeability

Post by fkbuisman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:48 am -1100

Hi Kenner,

INTELLO Plus is listed as a material in the North American as well as the regular Fraunhofer database.
No need to make this material yourself. use it as 1mm thick noted in the material file.

Floris
Floris Keverling Buisman
www.475.supply
475 High Performance Building Supply