Permeability Moisture Dependent

CarlyMay
WUFI ORNL Instructors
WUFI ORNL Instructors

Permeability Moisture Dependent

Post by CarlyMay » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:37 pm -1100

Anyone noticed that (at least) the graph for permeability as a function of humidity for some materials are not right in the 6+ versions of WUFI Pro? For example, in North American Data base, there is only one value in the table for permeability for "Vapor Retarder, 0.1 perms)" at 0% RH but the graph is showing permeability going beyond 10,000 perm-in at 100% RH. In fact, the graph shows the permeability for this material exceed 0.1 perm in at 20% RH. I noted this issue with more materials as well, including the metal deck materials, all the vapor retarder membranes, PVC membrane etc.
Do the value for permeability shown in the graph impact the calculations?
Carly May

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Permeability Moisture Dependent

Post by Christian Bludau » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 pm -1100

Dear CarlyMay,
yes, we have already become aware of this error and are working to correct it.
Please also check, that you work with the latest version of WUFI Pro 6.2.1.2210.

It is an issue of the graphical database interface and should not affect the calculation.

Regards,
Christian

CarlyMay
WUFI ORNL Instructors
WUFI ORNL Instructors

Post by CarlyMay » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 am -1100

Yes, This is the version I am using.

I am having all types of issues with inconsistent results as well. In consistencies between files (starting a new file with only one case and all inputs the same as a case modeled in another file previously), between cases (same case copied over with different results) and even just re-running the same case For example, I can get one set of result one time (balances agree, calculation takes seconds, 0 convergence failures, good results) but then when I re-run the SAME case or copy the SAME case to a new case, i am getting completely difference results (balances way off, calculation takes 30+ minutes, handful of convergence failures, bad results). Is there some way I can send you some sample files for you to see?
Carly May

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:23 am -1100

Hi Carly,

please send your files without results (uncheck both Courses and Fim data under Options -> Result data... and save with new name) to support(at)wufi(dot)com.

Please also send us a description on how to exactly reproduce the problem.

Thank you very much for your efforts and support.
Christian

CarlyMay
WUFI ORNL Instructors
WUFI ORNL Instructors

Post by CarlyMay » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 am -1100

Just sent the email... thank you in advance. Feel free to contact me directly via email or phone to resolve this from here.
Carly May