Porosity of an external coat of paint

PosHom
WUFI User
WUFI User

Porosity of an external coat of paint

Post by PosHom » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 pm -1100

Hello,

I am an engineering student and am working in a renovation project on buildings near Paris (France) that were constructed in the 80th/90th. My work consists in modelling hygrometrically the building prior to its renovation (with WUFI), validating this model with data collected in situ and once validated, to model all possible solutions proposed by the architects.
During the validation of the model, one of the walls that consists of a wall of bricks, cement siding and a coat of paint (little porous) values were generated which do not correspond to reality. Through elimination I have come to the conclusion that the paint is not correctly modelled (I had added an extra Sd value to the external wall) and searching in the forum I have found that the modelling of a coat of paint in rainy climates is done through an extra layer over the external coating of the wall. To carry out this modelling I would like to know if anyone knows:
-the porosity of the paint (acrylic, I think) used for the exterior of buildings in central Europe during the 80th and 90th. Also useful would be a typical value of porosity of paints to check whether my results get closer to real values.

Thank very much in advance for all the help and input for this subject!

Regards,

Pablo