Standing Seam Roofing

Everything concerning the adequate application of WUFI in Ireland & UK depending on local conditions e.g. architecture, building codes, standardization, laws et cetera.
DavidHughes
WUFI User
WUFI User

Standing Seam Roofing

Post by DavidHughes » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 am -1100

Hi again from the course notes specifically Manfred's presentation, slide 20, showing the test built standing seam roof "Effects of Moisture and Hugrothermal Peformances Evaluation in Building Practice" the example illustrates vapour being driven back and forth as night conditions change to daytime conditions.

I am trying to model such a roof to determine whether it needs to be ventilated behind the metal sheeting or not and if so to what extent.

There is no data on standing seam roofing in the database but in the Surface Transfer Coefficients there is an Sd Value of 50 for 'Aluminium Siding (incl. rebate) sic)

So my question is should I omit the metal sheeting and use this Sd value for the metal roofing and set the rain adhesion to zero or else to no adhesion and the value of 1?

Thanks again

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 am -1100

Hello David,

yes, use "Aluminium Siding (incl. rebate)" with an sd value of 50 m for the exterior transfer coefficient and set the rain adhesion to zero.
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.