Wufi Bio

Everything concerning the adequate application of WUFI in Ireland & UK depending on local conditions e.g. architecture, building codes, standardization, laws et cetera.
DavidHughes
WUFI User
WUFI User

Wufi Bio

Post by DavidHughes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:12 am -1100

When you run Wufi Bio do you run it for a specific layer in the component/construction build up i.e. behind plasterboard, on vapour barrier, in timber or is it giving an overall indication of the 'health' of the total buildup?

If it is the first scenario how do you point Wufi Bio at a specific part of the buildup?

Daniel
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Daniel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 am -1100

WUFI Bio evaluates one certain position (one grid element) within the construction. Tha validation was done for the interior surface in contact with the indoor air (always new spores, dust, nutrients etc.).

The risk within a structure is reduced - mould growth can only occur in cavities or very porous materials.

You can start WUFI Bio from WUFI 1D (5.1) either from the program (interior surface) or from the WFUFI film (single grid elements within the structure.

Daniel
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Zirkelbach, Deputy Head of Department Hygrothermics, IBP Holzkirchen

Joseph Little
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

WUFI Bio

Post by Joseph Little » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 am -1100

Hi David,
Re your second question below: if I remember correctly we showed you how to do this in the course in Dublin. Give me a call on Monday and I'll take you through calling-up the right point to evaluate in WUFI Bio.

Regards,
Joseph

DavidHughes
WUFI User
WUFI User

Thanks

Post by DavidHughes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 am -1100

Thanks Joe for that, I know many of my questions (including the bead silver bead questions) were covered in the course but I guess there was so much information I was reaching saturation myself and know I have forgotten some of the more subtle steps in using Wufi.

DavidHughes
WUFI User
WUFI User

Saving Wufi Bio Results

Post by DavidHughes » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:56 am -1100

Joe and everyone I am now able to 'point' wufi bio at specific parts of the construction buildup but when I close WUFI and reopen the results do not seem to be saved with the file.

On the WUFI bio interface there are four icons but the 'diskette' icon for saving a file is greyed out.

Should they be, have I disabled something inadvertently?