Version and Material Database Help Please

Everything concerning the adequate application of WUFI in the USA and Canada depending on local conditions e.g. architecture, building codes, standardization, laws et cetera.
zaklee
WUFI User
WUFI User

Version and Material Database Help Please

Post by zaklee » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:44 am -1100

I'm in the US and downloaded the WUFI-ORNL version of the software. So far, I'm very impressed. However, the material catalogs ("Generic Materials" and "North American Database") are very limited. Should I try a non-ORNL version or are there other material databases available for this version? The options under the Database menu are greyed out and I don't see any import/export options. I also can't find anything on the ORNL website - even the links from the WUFI website can't be resolved on ORNL's.

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Re: Version and Material Database Help Please

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:51 am -1100

Hello Zaklee,
I am glad you like our Software :)
ORNL is not anymore the WUFI contact in the US and the WUFI ORNL version will not be developed further. Right now I am in the process to arrange with Fraunhofer IBP what free version for USA/Canada would be the best option.

WUFI Pro 6.1 which will be released this year has in the North American DB a few more products 14 more materials and over 20 more constructions and my company will go ahead and work more for this. You can follow me on @WUFI_US on Twitter to get the latest News.

Also I will move your post to the North America Section.

Kind Regards,
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.