Error Message

Everything concerning the adequate application of WUFI in the USA and Canada depending on local conditions e.g. architecture, building codes, standardization, laws et cetera.
Kit Elsworth
WUFI User
WUFI User

Error Message

Post by Kit Elsworth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 am -1100

I imported wall section geometry from Rhino in DXF format. Some objects were not represented (imported properly) so I drew them in manually. When saving, I saw a message in red in the lower right corner of the modelling window that said, "Total elements too small for this number of layers." When zooming back out to the wall section geometry, red nodes appear around the perimeter of my geometry. I tried to redraw the objects located around the perimeter but the red nodes persist.

Can you please let me know what is causing this error? Should I be worried about this error and what are the implications?

I have attached two screen shots for reference. One of the modeling view with the error message and the other is the view where the red nodes are visible.
Attachments
Geometry with red nodes.png
Geometry with red nodes.png (25.95 KiB) Viewed 8238 times
ModelingView-with error message.png
ModelingView-with error message.png (61.71 KiB) Viewed 8238 times

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Re: Error Message

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:53 am -1100

Hello Kit,
Nice to see you in our Forum.
I have never seen that error message. I pretty sure the developers will answer you by tomorrow.
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Error Message

Post by Christian Bludau » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 pm -1100

Dear Kit,
that is a message caused by the grid generation module. You have to rise the maximum number of elements in the menu "Grid".
Please also keep in mind, that WUFI is thought to calculate the moisture behavior of porous building materials. A construction mainly containing air layers and metals may show really bad behavior in convergence.
Christian