2D animation stops

All about WUFI 2D
Bjarte
WUFI User
WUFI User

2D animation stops

Post by Bjarte » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 am -1100

Hello

I have just resived WUFI 2D so this is new for me.
I do have some problems in order to view the results. After kalkulation i click the WUFI2Dmotion icon and starts the animation. I havent toucht the date so the animation starts at first of oktober and should run for one year (8760 timesteps). But it stops at the 18. of november. I`v tried to do the calculation again, but again it stops at det same date. I`v also tried to alter the startingdate, but it still stops at 18. of november.
Also when i try to view the graphs, they stop at the same date.

I will be thankfull to get some help.

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:56 pm -1100

Hello Bjarte,
please go in Wufi2d to the Computational Parameters and check if the number of time steps is set to 8760. Then click there on enhanced and see if the first field 'time step [s]' is set to 3600. If all is set, there was an problem in the calculation. Go to the processing window and do a right mouse click... Start the convergence analyser and see, if there is something special. I think your calculation stopped after one month. Also if you check the iteration list, if there are written only zeros in the most of the steps, something is wrong with the calculation. In this case the calculation also is very fast...
Christian

Britt Høegh
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: 2D animation stops

Post by Britt Høegh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:11 am -1100

Hej Christian

I have a similar case, but I expect also condensation in the construction - the calculation is to point out, why and where the construction gets wet.

Did I understand correctly, that the program stops the calculation, when a material gets oversaturated, - and that the model and calculation can be built up correctly, although it stops at a certain point?
Britt.

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: 2D animation stops

Post by Christian Bludau » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:36 am -1100

Hello Britt,
a convergence error does not necessarily have to appear only because of supersaturation, but it may. It is always the interaction between water content, materials, boundary conditions, etc.
It may help to try change materials (e.g. use another material data for mineral wool) or try another climate location.
Christian