Wrong timestep in climate file

All about WUFI 2D
Petter_Wallenten
WUFI User
WUFI User

Wrong timestep in climate file

Post by Petter_Wallenten » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:49 am -1100

I have made simulations of moisture transfer in wood which a numerical challenging.
Therefore i have tried many different timesteps: from 300s to 3600s.
Usually this works well but sometimes the program gets "stuck" and will take the wrong step in the climate file.
This means that the simulated period is correct, e.g. 26280 steps with a timestep 1200s = 1 year
But when i look att the output is obvious that the climate file is used two whole times, meaning that the program has extrapolated this as two years.

I have tried to make a completely new model and this will work. But that is not a practical solution.
So now i wonder.
1) Is this a known problem?
2) Do you know how i can "reset" the reading of the climate file so it actually fits the current timestep?

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Wrong timestep in climate file

Post by Christian Bludau » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:36 pm -1100

Hi Petter,

this error could be due to the update of the climate file. I have also noticed before that this is not recreated after changing the time step.
WUFI 2D saves the climates in bcli-Files in the cache/project folder.

To reset the climate try to delete the bcli-files in the cache directory. Unfortunately they are only recreated if you save the project. Then go to File -> Revert to last cached. If you go to the "processing"-tab after that, the bcli-files will be created again.

I noted this issue in our development system to be changed.

Best regards
Christian

Petter_Wallenten
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Wrong timestep in climate file

Post by Petter_Wallenten » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:38 am -1100

Thank you

It worked !