To upgrade sign in to our online shop
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm -1100

All times are UTC-11:00

Post subject: Investigate to find boundary condition
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:17 am -1100 
WUFI User
WUFI User

Hi :)

I would like to know if in your mind, Wufi 2d can be used to do a serie of simulations in order to finally find some values of interieur boundary condition.
I explain : i'm gonna have to study some slab system (with differents layers of materials) above crawl space.
I have exterior climatic conditions with my own file and the interior boundary conditions above the slab. However i don't have the hygrothermal behavior of crawl space on a entire year.

I have for the moment 2 ideas :

-Consider the space of the crawl space as a "air blade" in materials library and examine the relative humidity and temperature of this material after the processing. Though i cannot add an air exchange source in the crawl space with this way and i'm not sure the processing would correctly execute.

-Consider in a first time some approximate boundary conditions from the litterature and do some simulation in order to assess the difference of T° and RH in the crawl space, and repeat this operation until the stabilisation of the results. But i don't think Wufi gives the interior condition after simulation, isn't it ?

Here is a arbitrary modelisation to explain myself :

Attachment:
Photo forum wufi.png
Photo forum wufi.png [ 5.61 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]

Many thanks!

Post subject: Re: Investigate to find boundary condition
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 am -1100 
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Hi PierreC,

WUFI 2D is not quite suitable to simulate the climatic conditions in the crawlspace, but you can use WUFI Plus (https://wufi.de/en/software/wufi-plus/) to do exactly this. What kind of assessments do you want to perform in detail? Do you need to do a 2D hygrothermal simulation?

You can also write me a PM if you have further questions.

Greetings
mwinkler

Post subject: Re: Investigate to find boundary condition
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 pm -1100 
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Dear Pierre,

we have developed a climate model for crawlspaces. Unfortunately that is only available in German. See our report of the climate project:
"Energieoptimiertes Bauen Klima- und Oberflächenübergangsbedingungen für die hygrothermische Bauteilsimulation"
https://wufi.de/literatur/Zirkelbach,%20Sch%C3%B6ner%20et%20al.%20Juli%202016%20-%20Energieoptimiertes%20Bauen%20Klima-%20und%20Oberfl%C3%A4chen%C3%BCbergangsbedingungen.pdf

That can be used to set the climate in the crawlspace and use in your WUFI 2D calculation as boundary condition.

Christian