climate file

All about WUFI 2D
mata
WUFI User
WUFI User

climate file

Post by mata » Wed May 24, 2017 3:11 am -1100

Hello,
I simulate temperature and moisture processes around the hole in a contact ETICS insulation and I use the climate file selected from the map /Hradec Kralove/. The hole is round opening in the plaster and EPS, about 10cm wide and 10 cm deep, and the insulation is 5 mm distant from the wall. Does it contain the climate file driving rain or should I still add the moisture source to the hole or to the air laier ?

I would like to check out the dates in the climate file, to find out amount of rainfall,... How is it possible ?

Thanks

Mata

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: climate file

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu May 25, 2017 7:48 pm -1100

Hello mata,

if you want to take in account water running in, then you have to do that by source, but you have to assume an appropriate amount. Further this will lead to convergence problems with WUFI 2D.

You can get some information about the rain in the climate file on the climate analysis tab:
climate_analysis.png
climate_analysis.png (60.12 KiB) Viewed 7520 times
As we are not allowed to give out the climate files in ASCII, they are in a binary format, on which no further analysis is possible.

Christian

mata
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by mata » Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 pm -1100

Just I dont know how. I was counting on this, that water runnig after insulation in the hole is from the driving rain, that means from the Wufi climate file. I tried add moisture source to the small air laier between wall and insulation under the hole as 5mm wide 70 mm high,but the results were strange. ...and I tried add moisture direct to the air laier in the material as water content and typical built in moisture. /40 kg/m3/

Thanks
Mata

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau » Mon May 29, 2017 1:03 am -1100

Dear Mata,
a higher construction/ initial moisture in the air layer will have no effect, as that will move out quite fast.
The ASHREA Standard 160 suggests to place a source behind the etics with the amount of 1% of the driving rain. The source has to be added to that material, which can adsorb the water. But that will probably cause probalems in convergence in WUFI 2D.
Christian

mata
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by mata » Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 am -1100

Thank you for both answers. I will try it.
Have a nice day.
Mata