Air exchange Source

All about WUFI 2D
tobret
WUFI User
WUFI User

Air exchange Source

Post by tobret » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:37 am -1100

Hello dear helpers,

I want to add air Exchange source to the inside of my construction and have a few issues with that.
My first Problem is, that WUFI gives an Error that my climate of boundary is not sufficient (i added a Sinus curve as climate boundary, but also deriving a boundary form a climate file produces the same error). What else do I have to add to the boundary, to make it sufficient?
And now I have a question how the Option transient from a file works (in the AirExchangeSource Dialog). After a short time I figured how to create a transient source file (attached file). My question is does WUFI use this source only until it Ends or does it restarts the source file after it Ends.
In short: one run <-> as many runs as possible until the calculation ends?

PS: I don't want to use the air Exchange file posted below. I just wanted to show which Dialog I meant.

Thanks for your help.

Tobias
Attachments
AirExchangeSource.PNG
AirExchangeSource.PNG (11.07 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Air exchange Source

Post by Christian Bludau » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:52 am -1100

Hello Tobias,

please ignore the message "climate of boundary is not sufficient ". It is a bug we have to correct.
The source boundary is used anyway.

The source file starts with the first time step of calcualtion and is circled. So in your case the fourth hour will be the first again.

Christian

tobret
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Air exchange Source

Post by tobret » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 pm -1100

Thanks for the help, but another question did emerge.

I did a few calculation (see the model below or similar to http://www.wufi-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1190) altering the value of the air exchange source. First from 0,5 1/h on the complete inner surface (which is the upper right rectangle of the model) and than I deleted the sources in the model. So far so good and the results next to the steeldoor were satisfying (see graph below)
In the next step I added the air exchange sources again in the same way as I did for the first calculation. Now putting the values to 0,1 and 0,25 in order to get an understanding which influence the air exchange source has on the results.
Here comes the strange part. The results are all the same as if there were no air exchange source (meaning equal to the orange curve). Even after setting them do 0,5 again, there is no change.

Shortly my order of work:
1. Adding air exchange sources: 0,5 1/h
2. copying the model with save project as: -> deleting the air exchange sources
3. Copying the model (from step 2 without an air exchange source). adding the air exchange sources. -> it doesn't matter which air exchange source I add here, the result is always as if there were no source.

I also try to alter the air exchange source of the first model to other values, but this produces the same result as if there is a air exchange source of 0,5 1/h

I only added constant values and associated them to boundaries an left the entry fields x, y, width, height to zero.

I also checked the input files which contain the right values for the air exchange sources.

What have I done wrong? Is there anything I can do to prevent WUFI 2D to do this?

Thanks for your help

Tobias
Attachments
1.PNG
blue = air exchange source 0,5 1/h
orange = no air exchange source
1.PNG (21.53 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
surf.png
surf.png (10.66 KiB) Viewed 5954 times