Floating indoor temperature shift - incorrect IP/SI conversion?

All about the Software WUFI Plus
zekk828
WUFI User
WUFI User

Floating indoor temperature shift - incorrect IP/SI conversion?

Post by zekk828 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:47 pm -1100

Forgive me for using IP units, but I think I may have found a conversion error with regard to the "floating indoor temperature shift" input under ASHRAE 160 user-defined climate. Assuming this is meant to represent the dead-band temperature range, I would want to list 2.5 degrees C, or 5 degrees F. However, when I enter 5F, there's essentially zero variation in temperature. When I enter 36.5F, however, it translates to 2.5C when I switch to SI units. So I think that instead of converting from relative F-->C, it's converting literally from degrees F to degrees C. In other words, I think WUFI is translating 5F to -15C, rather than 2.5C. Is this a bug, or do I not understand what "floating indoor temperature shift" is?

Axelarris
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Floating indoor temperature shift - incorrect IP/SI conversion?

Post by Axelarris » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:05 am -1100

I am seeing the same problem. If the HVAC is set to 70F +/-2, I think I should input "set point for heating = 68F" and "floating indoor temperature shift = 4F." Is that correct? Neither the Manual or the WUFI Forum explains "floating indoor temperature shift".

Axelarris
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Floating indoor temperature shift - incorrect IP/SI conversion?

Post by Axelarris » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:46 am -1100

Can anyone explain what the purpose of the indoor temperature shift is? I had assumed it was the +/- tolerance on the heating/cooling system controls. But from playing around with it, it does not appear to be what I think it is. Can Cristian or someone from IBP please answer the questions in this thread?
thank you