Climate data and undergroud calculation

All about the Software WUFI Plus
yuan
WUFI User
WUFI User

Climate data and undergroud calculation

Post by yuan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm -1100

Hello

I was a user of WUFI PLUS. I applied for a student license and I have two questions about it.

The first question is a installation question. I installed WUFI on Windows 7 and Windows 10, but when I choose a climate data in Europe, it shows climate error when I choose a climate in Japan, it shows climate data not available. I was wondering if it is possible to use a Japanese climate data in WUFI PLUS with student license.

My second question is about the calculation. I want to calculate a semi-underground (2 walls and a bottom floor attached to ground while 2 walls exposed to outer climate) environment. I was wondering if it possible to simulate underground environment in 3D? I can give a defined fluctuate climate on bottom floor, but the temperature on two vertical wall will be various as the depth. Also, If it can only be treated by as one-dimension calculation, should I built underground soil as part of the wall or attached zone?

Thank you!
Yuan
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (27.01 KiB) Viewed 12531 times

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Climate data and undergroud calculation

Post by mpazold » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44 pm -1100

Hello Yoan,

can you descibe the climate error mor in detail? a screenshot of the error message is helpfull. With a student license the functionallity is not limited. only the yellow dots on the world map are supplied with the database. They grey dots only mark locations climate data should be available.

It's possible to use the 3d-object for the underground calculation, it can also include the wall itself. However it is only a thermal simulation. If you have detailed information about the underground temperatures in different depth, it's may also be possible to simple spilt the wall for different heights. However, no heat or moisture flow is calculated between them. There are some soil material parameters in the database, i recommend to model also for the 'normal' WUFI simulation to regard a soil layer.

yuan
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by yuan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 am -1100

Thank you so much for your kind help.
Below is the screenshot about the climate error.

I notice there is a 3D-objects but I can not understand the relationship between “3d-object” model and the main “building” model. They are 2 separated models. If I want to simulate underground room heat transport, should I model the ground soil in “3D-object” and connect it with “building” model by boundary condition or should I built both the wall and ground in 3D-object? I read the “WUFI PLUS Manual” but still I can not operate it well. It will be my great pleasure if you can provide more information about it.

As your advice, “model also for the 'normal' WUFI simulation to regard a soil layer” I am not sure whether I understand it in the right way, did it means I should built up a wall, for example with 0.2m concrete and 8m soil layer?

Thank you!
Attachments
climate error.jpg
climate error.jpg (115.03 KiB) Viewed 12521 times
climate error2.jpg
climate error2.jpg (135.25 KiB) Viewed 12521 times

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mpazold » Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 am -1100

onyl the climate data for the yello colored locations is provieded with WUFI Plus. Especially for Japan there are a lot of grey dots, indicating that there is climate data availabe, but not provieded per default.

for the 842 locations in japan, the attached picture might help to get the data
Attachments
climate.PNG
climate.PNG (96.23 KiB) Viewed 12378 times

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mpazold » Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 am -1100

regarding the gound climate, it depends. using the 3D-object model is possible, but then you have to model also the attached wall or floor at the moment, regarding only a thermal calculation.
The other way is to use the "normal" 1D- wufi model. you can attach a layer on the outside regarding the soil properties, for some thickness at the outside of this soil-layer. You might can set a sine curve for the whole year. This method is related to ISO 13370.