Ceiling temperature issue

All about the Software WUFI Plus
NicolasH
WUFI User
WUFI User

Ceiling temperature issue

Post by NicolasH » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:30 am -1100

Hello,

I have simulated an house on Wufi Pro, and the results seem consistent, except for the diagram of the comfort air temperature/ceiling temperature of the ceiling.
Indeed, it displays an inner temperature between 6 and 8°C on this diagram, whereas the layer temperature is always higher than 18°C when i look into the component results.
I have tried several solutions to solve this but it all failed.
Do you have any idea of what could cause this bug?

You will find in attachment my wufi file and a screen shot of the two diagrams i talked about.

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas H.
Solener, France.
Attachments
Etat Initial - INF=1 - douches+cuisson - V2.zip
(188.96 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
02. Comfort diagram.png
02. Comfort diagram.png (14.62 KiB) Viewed 7821 times
01. Layer temperature.png
01. Layer temperature.png (17.35 KiB) Viewed 7821 times

mwinkler
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Ceiling temperature issue

Post by mwinkler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 pm -1100

Dear NicolasH,

indeed, this is a bug in WUFI Plus. The values for "mean ceiling temperature" are displayed incorrect in the simulation results, as soon as there are two or more ceiling-components in a zone. For one ceiling-component the correct values are displayed. We will fix this bug in a future update. In the meantime I can recommend you as a workaround to calculate the mean ceiling temperature from the interior surface temperatures of your ceiling-components: Retain the calculation results for these components, export the respective columns, calculate the mean temperature (area weighted) with an external software (e.g. MS Excel) and create the diagram there.

For your information: This bug is limited only to the "mean ceiling temperature". The other "mean temperatures" ("mean floor temperature" & "mean surface temperature") display the correct values.

Another note to your attached project: You should carefully rework it, as there are still many inconsistencies. Especially check the normal vectors for each component (see WUFI Plus Manual, p. 27) and the attachements on the inner & outer sides of the components.

Kind regards
mwinkler

NicolasH
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Ceiling temperature issue

Post by NicolasH » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:57 am -1100

Thank you for the answer. I have corrected my normal vectors and do what you advice.

I had post an other topic several months ago, still unanswered. I copy/paste it above. Can you take a look at my questions?
Best Regards.

"Good morning,

I am currently doing a comparaison between the mains dynamic thermal calculation softwares for west africans countries.
I have found several informations on wufi-wiki and on this forum, but some points are still unanswered :

- Is the capillarity calculate in Wufi Pro? For example, for a wall on a wet ground.
- How are calculate the thermal exchanges between the building and the sky? Are the convective and radiative parts calculate separatly or with a single exchange equivalent factor?
- How many calculation points are use for hygrothermal exchanges in the wall? To know if Wufi Pro can accurately simulate thick wall (e > 1.5m).
- What is the maximum number of zones in Wufi Pro?

Best regards.

Nicolas H.
Solener, France"