Shading Calculation

All about the Software WUFI Plus
catodiaz
WUFI User
WUFI User

Shading Calculation

Post by catodiaz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 pm -1100

Hi:

I would like to ask how does the "shading calculation" works in WUFI Plus, particularly if there are differences in stability and results for the given options ("preprocess results" and "every time step").

I am comparing different cases of a simple building model (in 6 different locations and 4 rainfall modes). A month ago I made a final run for each individual case (24 in total) after I revised very well all inputs. In the month that has passed I exported and organized all the data from results. Today I decided to add another case to every location but I obtain results which do not correspond with the originals of the last month (see images attached). I am using the same original files and made no change.

The problem is related to "Include shading calculation''. If I unselect this option in "Building/numerics" the results are the same as the originals. However, I had this option activated (in "Preprocess" mode) when I ran the model a month ago. The "new" results (with lower heat gains) make more sense with the shading that the roof eaves provide. But now I don't trust any results and I need to confirm which are correct.

I suspect this issue is connected to the WUFI Plus version. I changed computer just after I finished the final run, and I moved from version 3.0.0 to 3.0.3.

I will appreciate your help with this problem.
Attachments
Model.jpg
Building Model
Model.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
A.jpg
Original Results (May 2016)
A.jpg (276.99 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
B.jpg
New results (June 2016)
B.jpg (275.97 KiB) Viewed 6867 times

mwinkler
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Shading Calculation

Post by mwinkler » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:28 pm -1100

Hi catodiaz,

you've suspected this correctly: In WUFI Plus 3.0.0 was a bug, where shading results calculated as "preprocess" were partly not considered in the simulation. This problem was fixed with the first update 3.0.1. From version 3.0.1 or above, shading calculation gives the identical results in both calculation modes "preprocess" and "every timestep". So, the simulation results with the newer version 3.0.3 are the correct ones.

For your information: We have an update history on our homepage where we keep track of all features, updates an fixed bugs: https://wufi.de/en/software/wufi-plus/w ... e-updates/

Kind regards
mwinkler

catodiaz
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by catodiaz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:07 pm -1100

Thanks mwinkler!

In relation to changes in WUFI plus 3.0.3, I also have a doubt about the units for moisture sources in building components. In version 3.0.0 input of moisture sources works in kg/s m2 instead of the shown unit kg/h m2 (See: http://wufi-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... nits#p3223).
Could you confirm if this problem has been corrected in the newest versions? I have checked the page of updates and fixed bugs, but I just find "some IP unit system issues fixed" in version 3.0.1

Thank you for your help.

mwinkler
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mwinkler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:20 pm -1100

Hi catodiaz,

yes, I can confirm that this problem has been corrected with 3.0.1. The unit [kg/h m²] is used for the calculations.

Kind regards
mwinkler