All about the Software WUFI Plus
jdelgado
WUFI International Support Team
Location: Laboratório de Física das Construções-LFC; Porto - Portugal

Infiltration on Ventilation / 2.5.3 VS 3.0.3

Post by jdelgado » Wed May 18, 2016 11:17 pm -1100

Hello,

I would like to know if the ACR (Air change Rate) in the "Ventilation" options for each modelled zone in Wufi Plus 2.5.3. refers only to "Transparent" Components.

This is because i have a wood door (that is the main entry door in my apartment), which communicates with a ventilated stairway enclosure, and i think it should also be source of infiltration, but, as it is defined as an "Opaque" component, i imagine the program don't consider that. Is there any other way to define Opaque Doors, so we can associate some "infiltration" by them?

Besides this, can someone tell me which are the main differences between the WPlus 2.5.3 and the most recent WPlus 3.0.3 ?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Sílvia, from Porto

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Infiltration on Ventilation / 2.5.3 VS 3.0.3

Post by mpazold » Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 pm -1100

Hi Sílvia,

The settings in the "Ventilation" Tab not really refer to any component. In this tab you only set the values for the air change rates (natural, mechanical, interzonal between different building zones). However, Of cause those values should consider windows, doors, etc, respecitvely the flow rates for them. maybe with a time schedule for flow rates depeneding on the open/close state.

More information for Version updates you can find here: https://wufi.de/en/software/wufi-plus/w ... e-updates/
In Version 3.0.3.0 a pressure driven air flow model is implemented, where you can define the air resistance of different building components and depending on this calculate the air flow via flow paths for the whole building. More information for that you can find here: https://wufi.de/literatur/Pazold,%20Ant ... lation.pdf
or in the new manual chapter 7:
https://wufi.de/en/wp-content/uploads/s ... ual_en.pdf

best regards,
Matthias

jdelgado
Location: Laboratório de Física das Construções-LFC; Porto - Portugal

Re: Infiltration on Ventilation / 2.5.3 VS 3.0.3

Post by jdelgado » Mon May 30, 2016 11:56 pm -1100

Hello Matthias

Thank you very much for your answer.

I understand the idea about Ventilation. But considering that, there's a new doubt: If "Infiltration" doesn't refer to windows or doors, it is considered (by the program) in the same way than "Natural Ventilation" right? Or just with the slight difference of defining "day profiles" for Natural Ventilation (not possible for Infiltration).
I mean: is the same to consider 0.1 RPH for 24h of Natural Ventilation or 0.1 of Infiltration for each zone, is this correct?

Thank you very much for the elucidation about the 3.0 version, also.

Best regards,
Sílvia Magalhães