All about the Software WUFI Plus
jdelgado
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team
Location: Laboratório de Física das Construções-LFC; Porto - Portugal

Technical Systems for HVAC

Post by jdelgado » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 am -1100

Hello,

I have some doubts about the technical systems in WUFI Plus V 2.5.3.0.

So, in WUFI PLUS / HVAC systems, we have the following options for "equipment type" in "General":

Mechanical ventilation
Electric heating/DHW
Boiler
District Heating
Heat pump
Solar collector
Water storage
User defined

a) What is this “user defined”? Where do I define it?

b) What distinguish all these equipment’s types, besides the function associated?

c) Which are the efficiencies considered for each equipment type? I haven't found this information anywhere and its crucial to calculate the energy consumptions and to differentiate the performance between different equipment’s;

d) The only system to provide cooling is Heat Pump. What about the typical “splits” and “multiplits”, are considered the same?

e) Solar collector only matches the DHW function. This system always need a support system when there’s no sun radiation enough. What is the support system considered? Eletrical? Gas? Is this important for the calculation?

f) We have "devices" within "systems” And we assign “systems” to the different “share zones” in the model (rooms). How should we fill this frame? For example a heat pump that supplies 3 rooms we should fill with 0.33/0.33/0.33 so the sum is 1? And if the heat pump supplies heat and cool needs, how should we fill the frame? Can you give me an example? Actually, for the same room, I entered 2 systems, one for heating, and one for cooling, each with “1” in the room, respectively. And one system/function/room. Is this ok?

The most important doubt is the efficiencies question.

Thank you very much in advance for any clarification in this matter.

Sílvia Magalhães from FEUP, Oporto