Moisture source error

Everything concerning hygrothermal Sources & Sinks within the assembly
Claire
WUFI User
WUFI User

Moisture source error

Post by Claire » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 pm -1100

I am trying to simulate a cavity insulated wall, for blown/injected insulation into an existing building. I have included moisture sources to my external brickwork and plaster to indicate the drilled holes. However, an error appears when i try to run the simulation.

Could anyone explain to me where i am going wrong?

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm -1100

Which Error?
Please try to activate "Adaptive Time Step Control" in Numerics; this should help
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.

Claire
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Claire » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 am -1100

I have enabled the adaptive time step control but the error is still appearing. Saying the sources overlap.
I have put in a moisture source through the exterior finish and the brick masonry, is this the wrong method?
Thanks
Claire

Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Post by Thomas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 am -1100

If you have defined moisture sources and you get the 'sources overlap' error, then a grid element (or several elements) has been assigned more than one source which is not allowed.

Maybe you have pieced your source together from several partial sources and their ends overlap at some point (note that WUFI has to round the endpoints of the sources so that they properly align with the grid elements; maybe the ends of two neighbouring sources have been rounded into the same grid element).

Or maybe you have an air change source coniciding somewhere with a moisture source. Since an air change source also contains a moisture source, this is not allowed either, and one of them has to be removed.

Regards,
Thomas