Infiltration for warm humid climates

Everything concerning hygrothermal Sources & Sinks within the assembly
Madonna Stewart
WUFI User
WUFI User

Infiltration for warm humid climates

Post by Madonna Stewart » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:15 pm -1100

Good afternoon, I am hoping to receive some further information regarding infiltration and exfiltration of air through assemblies for warm climates. I use the IPB Infiltration model to assess the effect of air moving to the outside, however, as I often model warm/humid climates I also want to assess the effect of air moving from outside to inside. I currently use the method described in the forum by Manfred utilizing the Air Exchange Rate as a workaround, however, I thought I’d see if there is any further developments in the form of tutorials, papers or other guidance relating to warm/humid climate conditions, particularly relating to infiltration/exfiltration of air and it's application in WUFI Pro. Thank you in advance.

Philipp
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Infiltration for warm humid climates

Post by Philipp » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 am -1100

Hi Madonna,

the problem with the infiltration from the outside are the pressure differences, mainly wind influenced. Here it is necessary to set the effective pressure differences in relation with the airtightness of the building envelope to get the right amount of the airmassflow leading to humidification or drying. At the moment we can´t provide any further information. But we have running field and lab tests at the moment and working on a model to consider these effects more in detail in the future.