Wrong Moisture Source Units in WUFI PLUS V 2.5.4.0?

Everything concerning hygrothermal Sources & Sinks within the assembly
catodiaz
WUFI User
WUFI User

Wrong Moisture Source Units in WUFI PLUS V 2.5.4.0?

Post by catodiaz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:11 pm -1100

Hi:
I am simulating roof and walls with a thin water layer to see the effect of evaporative cooling, in WUFI PLUS V 2.5.4.0. For this, I defined a fictitious material with a "transient moisture source" spread over its "whole layer", detailing water amounts in a txt file.
In the "Moisture source" dialog box, at the "Additional Data" section, the unit of the moisture source is "kg/h m2". At each hour, the amount of water necessary to keep the relative humidity of the water layer at 100% is very low with respect to the units (e.g. 0.00005). In my understanding, with this units the amount of water is too small to keep the saturation condition. Also the moisture fluxes in the result graphs make no sense with the input moisture (e.g. 180 to 240 g/h m2 = 0.18 to 0.24 kg/h m2)
I have spent a lot of time checking if I have a wrong assumption. Later I checked the WUFI 5 (1D) and I found that the moisture source unit in this version is "kg/s m2" (see attached image). With this units the numbers and results would make more sense.

Can you confirm to me if the units on WUFI PLUS are correct?

Also, in relation to "Source Term Cut Off". In WUFI PLUS there is only one option to select: "Clipping to Free Water Saturation", but in WUFI light there are three other options. Why this difference? Are these options defined in other sections in WUFI Plus?

Thank you for your attention.
Attachments
Moisture Source Units.jpg
Moisture Source Units.jpg (223.63 KiB) Viewed 7908 times

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Wrong Moisture Source Units in WUFI PLUS V 2.5.4.0?

Post by mpazold » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 am -1100

thank you very much for checking the transient moisture source from file and your information about it.

Yes, it seems that the input from file is kg/s m2 instead of the shown unit kg/h m2. We will further check it and it will be fixed in the next version. This unit error is still in Version 3.0!

Also we are going to implement the three other options, for source term clipping. These options are not possible at the moment in WUFI Plus (same in version 3.0).

Thank you!

Matthias

catodiaz
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Wrong Moisture Source Units in WUFI PLUS V 2.5.4.0?

Post by catodiaz » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 am -1100

Good news. Thank you!