Java Virtual Machine - Wufi Bio

DarthRex
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by DarthRex » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 am -1100

Hi,

I have a start-up problem with Wufi Bio, when I open the program I get the error: "Error: Could nog create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."

I already uninstalled and reinstalled Java and Wufi Bio. I have now JavaFX 2.1.0 and Java(TM) 7 Update 4 installed.
My platform is Windows 7 service pack 1.

Greetings,
Tim

veitner
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Java Virtual Machine - Wufi Bio

Post by veitner » Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 pm -1100

Hi Tim,

this could be caused by a 32/64bit mismatch. The WUFIBio loader is a 32bit executable.

You can try to modify some "ini"-files to call a windows batch file or the jar instead of the 32bit launcher program:
Edit "id_2.ini" (in subfolder IBP-Software\PostProc) and change
ExeName=C:\Programme\IBP-Software\PostProc\WUFIBio\WUFIBio.exe
to
ExeName=C:\Programme\IBP-Software\PostProc\WUFIBio\wufibio-en.bat

In wufibio-en.bat you could add a "pause" command at the very bottom to identify startup problems (the window hides very quickly without).
Maybe you have to add the full path to the jar in "wufibio-en.bat":
java -Duser.language=en -jar C:\Program Files\IBP-Software\PostProc\WUFIBio\JWUFIBio.jar
pause

Greetings,
Veit

DarthRex
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by DarthRex » Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 pm -1100

Hi Veit,

I tried your solution without succes, so I uninstalled Java and Wufi Bio again and went to Java.com to install Java again. I thought to install Java 6 (on anonther platform the program worked with the older version) but then I saw that because I use Chrome (a 32bit browser) Java installed automatically the 32bit software and they actually recommend to download both if you have a 64bit processor.

That simple change made the program work for me.

Thanks for looking at my problem anyway.

With kind regards,
Tim